Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Vision for a Room

Something that just makes me absolutely *giddy* is having everything organized and in it's place. "A home for everything." Ok, I don't really have it that organized yet! That is my goal. This summer I bought a bookcase to house all my teaching supplies (they would wind up being scattered and crammed in odd places). This way I can go out and grab what I need the night before and have it all set for morning! Ah to not race around like a mad woman would be wondrous. So last night I was out there moving things around, organizing, throwing away (don't worry I only throw paper away, things I find a new home for or donate) and looking at the mess dissolve.

The room where the bookcase is we used to call the "Playroom" it housed a ridiculous amount of toys when I was younger. Now I would love to make it more a library/exercise room. My great-grandfather turned it into a room after there was a fire in that area of the house. It used to be the garage so it does get a bit chilly in the winter, but we have a heater out there. There are built-in book shelves that house mainly books, finally! The goal is to put all books out there and bring up a bench from the basement to put in front of the shelves like you see in magazines. I always think that it looks very inviting eventhough it's placed in front of the books.

The other thing that is out in the room is the treadmill, elliptical machine, and stationary bike, along with yoga equipment, weights, and a gazelle. I called Directv on Monday to set up an appointment to get TV out there. Right now the small 16" or whatever tv will have to suffice till we get a little bigger tv, preferrably with a dvd hooked up. Someone suggested I hook the Wii up to the tv and play while on the treadmill, that is a little to much even for me!!!! I can't wait to go out and watch the morning shows that I have discovered give me comfort and happiness while walking on the treadmill, especially on rainy and snowy days when I don't drag myself outside to walk.

1 comment:

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

I'm on twitter now!
annewithane65

Liked reading about the vision you have for your room.