Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Something simple and happy

I had a bunch of fun last night at our local town's "mellow mike" night. It is like a pub sing, folk sing, instrument playing, poetry reading, get together at the Ligonier Tavern. The vision was for a place where it wasn't a bar and you could enjoy coffee or tea or any drink of your choice, dinner, and listen to a relaxed and informal setting of sounds.

It has really taken off. I try to go when I can, I give lessons on Tuesday nights and that is when it is held. 6:30 pm- now 9:30. We seem to fall short on chairs lately, which is a good thing!

We sing loud and enjoy other music that we really don't know. My handsome and I enjoy each other's company and have made friends from there as well.

You never know what will happen or come out of that night. It's always magical.

No comments: