Monday, January 4, 2010

The Playroom into Library

I have started off the new year with a BANG! The one room that I had been wanting to tackle has been tackled and hard.

What used to be the "Play Room" or place where we housed toys and junk is now changing into a library/music library and exercise room. I have gone through the old books, kept what I love or care to revisit, ditched the ones that I thought someone else could enjoy and threw away junk, old papers, and gave away lots.

This is all thanks to the wonderful boyfriend that I have in my life. He knows how I love a tidy and organized house. Contrary to what it usually is my style and habit are pretty Type A and everything has a home and is in it's place.

As a child I had a sparkling room. I actually enjoyed cleaning and making sure everything was tidy. People were amazed. College came and schedules got hairy. I tend to throw things on the floor in my bedroom, mainly clothes, when I have a hectic life. When life slows down all is in reorder. I have come to the realization that less is more. That pertains to my wardrobe, food, material possessions, etc. Less also makes it easier to clean and maintain.

Back to the room- I'm thrilled to see it taking shape. My goal is to use what I already and have and make new use of things that I wouldn't have thought I could use in my decorating scheme.

Cheers to cleaning and organizing. You can then enjoy your home better!

1 comment:

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

When are you going to post some pictures?