Monday, April 19, 2010

To Catch You Up

This weekend was a whirlwind weekend, but one of the best. Friday night I came home from work and was looking forward to "relaxing". Handsome called me and told me to put on my best dress we're going to the symphony. So I ran upstairs, threw on a black dress that I did not know how it would fit, decided it looked ok, put on my pearls that he had bought me for Christmas, put my heels on and ready I was.

The drive in was interesting due to traffic for the Penguins hockey game and the storm that blew down trees and debris. Gotta love how a GPS tells you you're almost there, but then that street is closed because of construction. we had this issue about 4 times. We finally found A parking garage (not the one that we had a parking pass for) and walked through construction on sidewalks and over a good distance to Heinz Hall. I wish I had taken a second to take pictures, but with the hassle of walking in heels, carrying an umbrella the size of myself, and dodging people and the rain I was preoccupied. We arrived pretty much just in time. The seats were in row E and I swear I could have spit on the grand piano. They did 2 pieces, The Mermaid by Zemlinsky, you can truly hear what is happening in the story and picture it. The English horn was gorgeous in this (I'm super partial to English horn because that is what I played in the top ensemble in college) and I just couldn't help but smile when I heard it. Beethoven's Piano Concerto 3 was done amazingly by Yefim Bronfman. He was so wonderful that he received a standing ovation 4 times and after walking out on the fourth time he gave us an encore. It was that amazing!!!

No comments: