Thursday, March 4, 2010

Giant Eagle

Our little town only has one place to shop for groceries, Giant Eagle, or as some in my family call it "Big Bird". So they have the monopoly on groceries in town.

I tend to spend a lot on groceries. I like to eat healthy and of quality. I will buy store brand or generic if I KNOW what goes into it all. That is few and far between. I believe that quality doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg, but I will cough up the tagged amount in order to get it. I have 83 year old grandparents that still travel and do everything that people years younger do, sometimes slower, but they stay active. My Mammy attributes it to eating well. She grew up with meat and potatoes and swears by how she eats. I'd say she is a good advertisement of it. They can tomatoes, pears, peaches, green beans, asparagus, make jelly, pear preserve, and other things that they keep in the basement. I know the value of having foods on hand that are healthy and high quality.

I have been looking into ways to afford the organic food at Giant Eagle a little better. I must say it is hard to try to eat healthy and be on a budget. I understand why people that have lower incomes buy the easy or more junkish foods. I am always tempted to because it's cheaper!!!

I clip coupons every Sunday, do I remember to take them and my own reusable bags with me when I go to the GE, NOPE. That's a fail for me. I keep getting inspired by Vanessa and how she gets her groceries for almost free. It takes some time and a little elbow work, but I am seeing how I too can get my groceries for almost free. Better to keep the money in my savings than in the company's savings...Vanessa told me that one :)

Clip away and figure it out, it pays off.

1 comment:

Betty Manousos said...

Hi , Came by to say hi, and thanks for your lovely comments on my blog!
Hope you come back , soon.
Have a great week-end!
Betty xx