Monday, March 8, 2010

A Simple Day

Something that I love to do from time to time is have a day in my town. It is a simple day, usually just getting some coffee, shopping, walking around the whole town, and eating lunch at one of the restaurants.

I love having people visit me so that we can have a "tourist" day. I'm hoping to have one of these days this coming Wed. with handsome's cousin. She is going through so much stress with the murder of her sister and all that comes with that. I almost wish that we could have a spa day together.

Some of my favorite shops to check out are:

Abigails- the coffee shop that is right on the Diamond, in the brick building beside the Library. They have great coffee, it's a nice small ma and pa owned place, amazing chicken salad sandwiches and my favorite place to sit is the comfy pleather couch. I get a drink to go and head out to the shops.

Library- I like to see what books are in the "Re-Readables" or the used bookstore that is inside the library, you never know what you'll find.

The Treehouse- Just down from the Library and beside the Post Office. They have little kid clothes that are adorable, but as some of you know I do not have kids just yet, so I go there for Lilly Pulitzer clothing. She has great stuff on the sales rack and stays up to date on the latest LP.

Dovecote- Same building as The Treehouse, has antiques, decor, and an everchanging selection of furniture, pictures, painting, chandeliers, etc. I have bought 2 paintings from there that I look at and enjoy every day.

Joes Bar- They have a huge outrageous collection of stuffed animals, I don't mean plush, both upstairs and downstairs in the back room. Elephant, Giraffe, Deer, Tigers, Antelope, Bears, Snakes, Kangaroo, etc...

The Finishing Touch- Down the street, same side, just cross the street running across. They have Vera Bradley, gifts, and Byers Choice. It's a more mature store, but there are things that I like to look at for gifts, buy.

The Toy Soldier- Down the street on the left. Little hole in the wall with handpainted soldiers from different eras. He has Magic Cards, Star Wars figures, etc.

The Curiosity Shop- A skip down the street from The Toy Soldier. She has everything all used and on consignment. Great deals and buys there. Be prepared to hunt for treasure.

Wicked Googly- Hop across the street for a drink or some good food. Go bowling.

The Ligonier Tavern- Across the street but on the same side. Food and drink, Artichoke dip is amazing and has won awards.

The Paper House- just up the street from the Tavern. She has Polish Pottery, Cards, Country decorating gifts, Lilly Pulitzer stationery and cards.

Persnickety- Up around the Diamond. Expensive, but gorgeous decor for your home and unique gifts.

The Toy Box- Down the street from Persnickety, heading out of town. TOYS TOYS TOYS, Playmobil, Games, Stuffed animals, puppets, marionettes, collector dolls, etc.

The Celtic Shop- up from Persnickety and around the bend. Imported goods from the British Isles.

Amica- up from the Celtic Shop, same side, just across the street running through. Amazing selection of gifts for anyone! My friend now owns this and everyone shops there for gifts and for themselves. Love it!

G Squared- Across the street and heading back to the Diamond. Artsy gifts. Handsome got me pearls from there. I'm in love with them. Unique handcrafted gifts from artisans.

Currant Thymes- Beside G Squared. Everything and everything for the kitchen/home.

Martin's- On the Diamond beside the Town Hall. Shoes, Woolrich, Columbia, apparel, and shoes.

Antiques on the Diamond- Two doors down from Martin's. Antiques and some awesome very different antiques.

This is my normal route, sometimes I venture to other places, but this is the typical simple day.

No comments: