Monday, March 8, 2010

Run Run Run

I feel like I didn't even have a weekend, LOL. It's ok, I'm not really complaining. I'm quite thankful for all that I get to do. Had to squeeze everything in for this past weekend.

Friday night the family and handsome went to "Beauty and the Beast" that was put on by the neighboring high school. My mum was playing oboe/English horn in the pit. She did an amazing job. She really added to the serious or lovey scenes. The cast was a wonderful cast of high schoolers. I was so pleased to read in the program that many of the cast take private voice, dance, and acting lessons. That says a lot, that there is a great interest in musicals and acting! It was almost a packed theater and that theater holds a good number, probably around 1000 people.

Saturday we rode down to the DC airport to take handsome's boss and wife. It was a nice ride and good company. We arrived around 4:30 found a Ruby Tuesdays, at my favorite Carolina Chicken Salad and headed to the Leesburg Outlet Stores. We went to Ralph Lauren Polo and spent our wad of money. I got three t-shirt with polo designs and a black long sleeved shirt. Handsome got a pair of jeans, khakis, and a t-shirt. They had a deal spend $250 and get $50 off. Between the two of us we achieved this easily. We headed back and stopped at his old friend's house and hung out with his girlfriend and her son. We didn't get back home until past midnight. Needless to say I was so tired and just wanting to be in my bed.

Morning came quickly and handsome came in to take me to church and get his weekly dose of church in. As soon as church was out we ran up to his family on the mountain and gave them some memory bracelets and ran back down to Greensburg to handout the bracelets and accept donations. The one lady that was so kind during the Candlelight Vigil to let her coffee shop be the drop off for candles, she let us meet there to hand out the bracelets. Out of 1000 we are left with 300 or slightly under. We are going to take them to the Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser.

I am dragging today, but feel oddly accomplished.

No comments: