Thursday, November 20, 2008

Born into Brothels!

Something that I just viewed via Netflix was "Born into Brothels" the documentary about kids born to prostitutes in the red light district of Calcutta, India. I had heard about this when it first came out, just never got around to renting it. I don't know what got me to rent it this time, but I'm so thankful that I did. It was very touching and meaningful to watch. Zana Briski fell in love with the children and used her talent of photography to teach the children the art and give them an outlet. Please go to the site and check it out Kids With Cameras and look at the photography and information of the kids. Rent the movie when you get a chance. :)

1 comment:

Paige said...

I have seen this movie also. I do know that plenty of organizations are getting in there and trying their best to help out, getting kids out of the brothels, off the streets and into schools or proper homes as many times the mothers are addicted to drugs. My father was in India a few years ago and said it was heartbreaking, seeing little children, holding even smaller children with one hand and asking for money with the other. Mom was out "working" to make barely enough for rice....
P~