Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Frontier House PBS program





Frontier House was a program I watched years ago while in college. It was interesting to see how the families of modern day were placed on the frontier and had to survive by learning the old fashioned trades of milking cows, churning butter, cooking on an open fire, raising animals, eating different animals and food, having low sanitation, the same clothes, no electricity or luxuries, etc. It made me really think and I am still not sure I'd be happy or surviving doing that. It is almost like the amish friends that we have. When we went to visit we went to the garden to pick the veggies and they were OH so fresh! We cooked forever and ate slowly enjoying the conversation. They were very thin and frail looking but deceivingly strong. The laundry was hung out to dry and the necessities were what they had. 

2 comments:

The Texas Woman said...

I loved that show too. Really made me think how good we all have it.

The Texas Woman

Kregar Community Church Youth Group said...
This comment has been removed by the author.