Thursday, February 4, 2010

LL Bean and Me

I had my first real credit card with LL Bean... mainly because that is what my family used. It was fine, it was nice getting the coupon rewards towards free stuff. I hated their website for paying online. This was through Bank of America. Then, they broke away and went with some other company.
When my card expired I decided to go for one that would give me rewards for my future child's education. Yes, call me whatever, I like to plan ahead and be set. That is just who I am. I had one with Citi that opened a Upromise account. I loved my Citi card, their statements, and their website. They were fabulous and I never had 1 single issue with them EVER. Then, the Upromise card switched companies and then I was stuck with Bank of America again... I have had 2 different incidents with fraud and now I'm having my doubts about where it's coming from. I read "I See Rude People" by Amy Alkon and she mentions how it was an inside job when she had fraud on her Bank of America account.

So I decided to LEAVE BOA and go back to my old faithful LL Bean card. They have great customer service, they genuinely care, and you get coupons to put towards goodies. Their stuff is quality and doesn't wear out. I do remember reading that if it does they will replace it. I like how it's casual and sturdy. I'm not a huge fan of the LL Bean style but for teaching I'm all about it. I have already picked out what I want for my first purchase on my card :)

It feels good to be back with a card company that I can trust. Peace of mind.

No comments: