Thursday, February 4, 2010

Valentine's Day My Way




My wonderful handsome wanted to take me to my favorite place, Bedford Springs, for Valentine's Day. He emailed the hotel to ask what they offer for V-day and forwarded it to me. I was so surprised that he would take me there because it is not an everyday place, it's rather expensive. I love that place and to me it's for special occasions.

I looked at the menu options and made my decision. This was several weeks before V-day so I thought we had time. Well just last week we called and the only opening was 9:30pm for dinner at the room we wanted. Ok, I have to wake up early the next morning and we are over an hour away. I won't be able to relax. We decided against that. Another time just because.

To me I'd be happy with a nice bottle of champagne and a home cooked meal or just an everyday place. We had the best New Years Eve ever with a bottle of Dom Perignon and each other. Simple and sweet, but with what matters. Call me silly, but my recipe is- good company + simple meal + bottle of Clicquot = the BEST time ever.

No comments: