Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Domestics




I just adore playing house. I say that because I do not own my own house yet, but still enjoy doing the typical things for it.

I adore decorating, probably would do more if it were MY house. I like a combination of styles. I can never just pinpoint and settle on one particular style. I guess I am more farmhouse style lately. Think the latest pottery barn style. I like things that have sentimental value and a story. I'd rather something old and banged up rather than something just made in china by the 100s. I enjoy quality, but I can also enjoy something so simple and cheap. I love handmade things and if they are a gift that's even better!

Another thing that I enjoy that is very domestic is cleaning. I get giddy just thinking about reading up and having things all sparkly and in order. It's funny because you can tell if my life is busy and chaotic by how I'm keeping house. Things are thrown in their wrong places, but in a blink of an eye I can get them all organized. My mum always says you had a huge mess, but you clean in up faster than you made it. I love the smell of cleaning products, even though it is not healthy. I love the scent of pledge or wood cleaning products especially.

Laundry, it is the one thing that I have a love/hate relationship with. I think because the washer/dryer is in the basement so that means 2 flights of stairs to carry my laundry down to. That is the only thing that I don't like and that is why I sometimes put off doing my laundry. I just love to get into a bed with clean sheets. I'm goofy, I will not sit or be in my bed unless it is night clothes or clean clothes. I like the way clean laundry smells and feels.

Grocery shopping is another thing that I like to do, especially in the morning. If only I were better with coupons, but I am learning more about that from a dear friend of mine.

I try to do these things in a happy manner and imagine the happy faces in the advertisements from the 40s and 50s of women doing these things. It works for me, so I do it.

No comments: